"Self-sufficiency does not mean 'going back' to the acceptance of a lower standard of living. On the contrary, it is the striving for a higher standard of living, for food that is organically grown and good, for the good life in pleasant surroundings... and for the satisfaction that comes from doing difficult and intricate jobs well and successfully." John Seymour ~ Self Sufficiency 2003

Saturday 21 December 2013

Happy & Peaceful Christmas to you all

RMan is of German decent, and I am of English birth, thus, when we had our first child, we decided that we would combine our Christmas celebrations to embrace both sets of Christmas traditions.  This resulted in our having our main Christmas meal the night before - on Christmas Eve - instead of at lunchtime during the heat of the day on Christmas Day.

So may I take this opportunity before the rush of preparing for our Christmas meal on Tuesday of wishing each and everyone of my readers and very Happy, Peaceful, relaxed Christmas, filled with love and contentment, and celebrated within the Spirit of Christmas.
I found this wooden Nativity scene many years
ago when our children were very small - it was
in plain wood, so I painted it.
It has been a centrepoint in all our Christmas
decorations.

After all - there would be no Christmas without the
birth of Christ having happened over 2000 years ago.
Be safe - wherever you are.

24 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea - to combine Christmas traditions. It is important for children to know their heritage. Merry Christmas, from my house to yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki - I couldn't agree with you more.

      I, too, love being able to travetse this planet through mine and all of your blogs. From my house to yours is very apt - thank you :)

      Delete
  2. May the Spirit of what the celebration stands for, be forever in our hearts and minds. Be at peace and enjoy your off time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marlene - Thank you from the Western Cape to the Eastern Cape :)

      Delete
  3. Back attcha Sister Girl! And RMan too!
    Be safe, Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to you and yours. I hope the coming year is a good one for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very Happy Christmas to you and your family.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely idea. Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The very same good wishes to you Dani.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas! I hope you have a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Christmas everyone! Love the little nativity set. Wish I could send you some cold (10F) and snow. *heh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Oh, Oh - I wish you could too!!!! 34oC here at the moment. Merry, Merry Kris :)

      Delete
  10. Merry Christmas to you and yours, including the new furry members of the family. It's funny, I've been wishing people well and saying stay warm on other blogs, I guess I need to tell you all to stay cool! Here's to a great 2014 for us all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1st Man - The same to you and 2nd Man. Oh, for some cooler weather...

      Keep warm and snug :)

      Delete
  11. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas celebration Dani! And I love that little nativity set, so cute!

    Wishing you all the best for 2014 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tania - Thank you. I hope yours was good too - and, hopefully, not too hot...?

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and removes the "loneliness' of sitting at my screen blogging supposedly to myself ;) I try and reply as quickly as possible so please forgive me if sometimes my response is delayed.