"Self-sufficiency does not mean 'going back' to the acceptance of a lower standard of living. On the contrary, it is the striving for a higher standard of living, for food that is organically grown and good, for the good life in pleasant surroundings... and for the satisfaction that comes from doing difficult and intricate jobs well and successfully." John Seymour ~ Self Sufficiency 2003

Friday 12 December 2014

Minky's tail

Please - pop over to my other blog to read more about Minky's tail...

4 comments:

  1. Very observant! I think animals are very expressive--we just need to be in tune enough to see it.
    Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue - It's not that we're observant, Minky amkes the effort / does all the work :)

      Delete
  2. I liked the picture of Minky on your other blog. If I wasn't afraid bears would get them, I might even give alpacas a try. God knows I've had everything else living up here at one time or another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry - Did you know that the non-breeding male alpacas are used as herd guards - to protect sheep against predators?

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and removes the "loneliness' of sitting at my screen blogging supposedly to myself ;) I try and reply as quickly as possible so please forgive me if sometimes my response is delayed.