"Self-sufficiency does not mean 'going back' to the acceptance of a lower standard of living. On the contrary, it is the striving for a higher standard of living, for food that is organically grown and good, for the good life in pleasant surroundings... and for the satisfaction that comes from doing difficult and intricate jobs well and successfully." John Seymour ~ Self Sufficiency 2003

Friday 16 August 2013

Croeso, Bula! and Welcome


There are a couple of new followers I'd Like to welcome.
John's favicon
Firstly, John Gray from Trelawnyd in Wales. John is a Google+ blogger, so it wasn't easy as a plain old Blogger to find his blog(s), but they can be found here, here and here :)
John's image on his blog
John's profile states : "Just over 50 and feeling it. I have been with my partner Christopher for 13 years! A previous career nurse manager who moved back to Wales in 2005. My life now is centred around life in a tiny Welsh village, a field full of animals, a pack of dogs and Auntie Gladys' scones"

John, I always wanted to visit Wales, but have never done so. Thankfully, I can now see a bit of it through your blogs :) 


----------------
Then secondly, welcome to Ronelle, from Naciriyawa- Fiji
Ronelle's favicon
Her blog can be found at: http://www.naciriyawa.blogspot.com/
The image from Ronelle's blog :)
Ronelle's profile states:  "After sailing more than halfway around the world....covering more than 30 000nM....we arrived in Fiji and decided to make it home.  This is our blog of our live on the island...and developing our farm...Naciriyawa."

I have a sneaky feeling that Ronelle was originally from South Africa...?

----------------
And finally, welcome to Arta .

I can't see a blog for Arta . so I can't give you a link.

Thanks everyone, for hitting the followers button.  I always reply to comments - please forgive me if that response is delayed - I'm dependent on the sun charging our batteries, which in turn give me the power to switch on the laptop :)

6 comments:

  1. Some interesting people there. I wouldn't mind giving Fiji a shot myself. My brother went to Tahiti and he said living on an island has some pluses. Of course, he only did it for a week and stayed in a hotel....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harry - That is one of the reasons that I welcome any new followers. Sharing where they are hopefully encourages my regular readers to take a look at their blogs, thus travelling the world in a couple of seconds :)

    Hmmm, a week and a hotel isn't quite what Ronelle is describing on her blog... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bula! Indeed we sailed from Durban in 2000. I blogged about our adventures at www.sailblogs.com/member/prrrfection
    Different life style now I can assure you!

    You have an interesting blog Dani. Glad I found it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ronelle - I thought so :)

      Yeah, can imagine that life is very different on Fiji - when compared to life in SA or on board your boat. Very interesting blog you have too :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Dani,

    I love your blog :) Found it a long time ago when I was searching for something specific and recently discovered it again. I do have a blog: "The house Arta built" and it can be found at www.thehouseartabuilt.blogspot.com.
    I so enjoy reading your entries. It matches many of my feelings out here in the Kalahari. I'm building a strawbale house and being here feels like coming home. I spent too much time in the city :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arta - LOL - Thanks. I couldn't see your blog on your profile - that's why I thought you didn't have one...

      Love your blog too, and look forward to following your journey... :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and removes the "loneliness' of sitting at my screen blogging supposedly to myself ;) I try and reply as quickly as possible so please forgive me if sometimes my response is delayed.